HOME ABOUT ME RECIPES FURBABIES SWATCHES RANDOM

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Such a ham

Ham Salad/Spread
Made: May 2, 2011

Mom and I love Ham Salad, but it's always so pricey for a little pound. So with leftover chunks from a ham we had previously made the week before for "Our Easter Ham" (which had a nice -homemade- honey mustard type glaze), I used that to make this. :D

Ingredients
- 3 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Assorted crackers

Directions
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- Add mayo/mustard to ham mixture.
- Mix well
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with crackers

I didn't follow this recipe much at all. Mom isn't fond of the egg in this. And we didn't really care for the celery or onion. I used a lot more than just 2 teaspoons of relish as well. :) I also had a lot more than just 3 cups of ground ham. :D I had fun with Mom's meat grinder and made at least 6 cups? I didn't measure. I then went to town with taste. In the bowl with the ham, I added 1 1/4 cup of mayo, a good 3 squirts of mustard and enough relish to coat nicely. Mixed it all up together and mushed it. I think it tastes really good and you can tell I made it from a ham shank as our glaze was in corporated inside the mixture as well :)

As for serving, I love it on crackers, bread or by itself. :)

(Recipe used: Allrecipes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment