HOME ABOUT ME RECIPES FURBABIES SWATCHES RANDOM

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chicken & Cereal

Cap'n Crunch Chicken
Made: April 25, 2011

So I've been wanting to make a sweet savory dish for awhile. Cap'n Crunch is one of my favorite cereals (Crunch Berries really) and this recipe sounded delish! Plus, I never fried chicken before. :)

Ingredients
- 2 cups crushed Cap'n Crunch Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Vegetable oil (frying)

Directions
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet to 325 F; about 1 inch high
- Combine the cereals in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg with the milk and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, onion & garlic powders & pepper; set aside.
- Dip the chicken strips into the seasoned flour; coat well & shake off excess flour.
- Dip into the egg mixture; coat well.
- Dip into the cereal mixture; coat well.
- Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through (3-5 min)
- Flip the chicken and repeat.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.

I used pre-cut slices ... made my life so much easier! But I had a lot of coating mixes leftover. :x Since I'm not a huge fan of corn flakes, I used Special K Red Berries cereal (without the big berries) since I still had some left and I didn't want to buy a box of cereal that I didn't really want to eat by itself :) I think the extra sweetness of the strawberry flavor made it even better! I did have a slight boo-boo with my first strip. The oil was too hot and I left it on one side a little too long, but it didn't taste burnt at all. Just extra crispy! After turning down my oil and flipping them after roughly two minutes, I was able to get the golden brown I wanted. :D

(Recipe from: Secret restaurant recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment