HOME ABOUT ME RECIPES FURBABIES SWATCHES RANDOM

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ramen Noodles & Beef

Easy Beef & Noodle dinner
Made: May 12, 2011

I wanted to make something with ground beef ... It's one of my favorite ingredients to use. I don't know why, but I just love cooking it. :D So I saw this recipe and thought it was quite easy and very delish. So I tried it out!

Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes with Italian herbs (2 14.5 oz cans)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 package (3 oz) beef-flavored ramen noodle soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen green beans

Directions
- In a 12in nonstick skillet, cook beef & onions over medium heat, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning & seasoning pack from soup mix; mix well.
- Heat to boiling.
- Break up noodles; stir in noodles & beans.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer for 5 minutes, or until noodles & beans are tender.

I never heard of the "Muir Glen" brand of organic veggies; so I told Rob to use his best judgment while shopping. I used Del Monte diced tomatoes with herbs. :) I also substituted frozen corn instead of green beans (and they were normal Giant brand) since Mom had green beans for lunch and I wanted to use some of the stuff we already had home. I had to add a dash of sugar to the tomatoes to reduce the amount of acid; so it was a pretty sweet dish with that and the corn. It got good reviews all around and seconds. :D

(Recipe used: Pillsbury)

No comments:

Post a Comment